Favorite tracks: Wondervibe, Superhuman Strife, The Divide
Sleeper tracks: Let Me Go, Rise Again
Another album that I recorded...another great experience with cool dudes.
I met Joe at Oarfin Records when he was tracking some stuff for his brother's album. He came in some time later to record his full length in studio B. I'm starting to forget some of the details of the sessions but I do remember a few things:
- Great drum sound (drummer was laid back and tasty), great guitar playing and great Carey brothers vocal talent.
- Laughing our asses off referencing Steve Perry and Air Supply for a week (and beyond. They played "Oh Sherrie" at the CD release party as a surprise to me)
- Nights at the Monte Carlo (and being a bit too hungover 1 day)
- 1 take vocals on a couple songs because the passion and grit was there
- Headphone bleed that changed the end of a song for the better (happy accident)
- Drummer Michael with his wit and humor (Monte Carlo's maitre d wouldn't agree with this)
- Zippo falling into piano during a keeper take. If you listen closely you can hear it.
Record done to 2 inch tape with Pro Tools for extra tracks.